Sunday, December 30, 2007

Tonight was the last night of the play at our church. I'm glad its over, cuz it kept us busy for the last few months. I (Gene) had a nasty cold this morning and couldn't sing at all. I refrained from speaking (that was tough!), took a nice long nap, and drank a lot of water. When the first scene opened, I was very unsure of myself, but when I opened my mouth to start singing it came right out. I really felt that God gave me the ability, cuz I sure didn't feel capable.
Tomorrow is New Year's Eve. We are planning on staying home for the evening, cuz we are old now.*grin*

No comments:

"PRIDE GOES BEFORE DESTRUCTION" AND IN OUR MODERN ERA, PRIDE AMONG THE NATURAL SCIENCES HAS TAKEN THE FORM OF OVERESTIMATING OUR KNOWLEDGE, OF ARROGATING FOR SCIENCE A KIND OF OMNISCIENCE THE WE DO NOT IN FACT HAVE. OR, TO REFINE IT A BIT: "PLAYING GOD" MEANS WE CONFUSE THE KNOWLEDGE WE DO HAVE WITH THE WISDOM TO KNOW HOW TO USE IT.