Sunday, August 2, 2009

Violation

Our house was broken into Friday while we were both at work. I came home to find the back door unlocked but kicked in anyway, and all the drawers and doors inside the house wide open and everything rifled through. Not much was missing, just a few hundred dollars worth of stuff and my sense of security.

Leslie Zimmerman told me at church that I need to go through a "grieving" process: shock, anger, guilt, sorrow, then finally peace. I'm definitely still in the anger stage; I want to hurt the person who did it. But deep inside logic says that wouldn't help myself or the bum who done it. Amy reprimanded me for my lust for revenge, and I feel like a little boy who just got picked on and wants to kick the bully in the shin but the teacher wipes my tears and makes me stay in my chair until I get over it. And I remember Darrin's black shirt that says in bold white letters "An eye for an eye leaves both blind."

No comments:

"PRIDE GOES BEFORE DESTRUCTION" AND IN OUR MODERN ERA, PRIDE AMONG THE NATURAL SCIENCES HAS TAKEN THE FORM OF OVERESTIMATING OUR KNOWLEDGE, OF ARROGATING FOR SCIENCE A KIND OF OMNISCIENCE THE WE DO NOT IN FACT HAVE. OR, TO REFINE IT A BIT: "PLAYING GOD" MEANS WE CONFUSE THE KNOWLEDGE WE DO HAVE WITH THE WISDOM TO KNOW HOW TO USE IT.