Friday, February 29, 2008

Cabin

This weekend I (Gene) am being whisked away... by my buddies. They called and informed me that they are meeting at my place at 3:00 this afternoon and we are going to the cabin for the weekend. Should be fun, there's usually a lot of sleeping and other manly activities that take place. This is the cabin of the infamous bear taunting episode.

Yes, I am leaving Amy at home to fend for herself. I'm already feeling lonely. Last night I dreamt that one of the other guys was only allowed to go if his wife went along. I guess she decided she would rather spend a weekend with her husband in a cabin with a bunch of smelly guys than be alone all weekend. Definitely a dream.

No comments:

"PRIDE GOES BEFORE DESTRUCTION" AND IN OUR MODERN ERA, PRIDE AMONG THE NATURAL SCIENCES HAS TAKEN THE FORM OF OVERESTIMATING OUR KNOWLEDGE, OF ARROGATING FOR SCIENCE A KIND OF OMNISCIENCE THE WE DO NOT IN FACT HAVE. OR, TO REFINE IT A BIT: "PLAYING GOD" MEANS WE CONFUSE THE KNOWLEDGE WE DO HAVE WITH THE WISDOM TO KNOW HOW TO USE IT.